Your endocrine system is made up of glands found throughout the body. These glands, which produce hormones, send hormones into the bloodstream or into the fluid around cells, and receptors to be distributed among organs and tissues, and “programmed” to respond to the hormones. Essentially …
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in cells made up of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine, and cysteine. One unique thing about glutathione is that the body is able to make it in the liver, which is not true of most antioxidants. Glutathione has many important …
What you need to know about Toxicity and why Detoxification is so important for your health and well-being.
Toxicity is a build up of toxins with the body. It affects every area of your body and your health. Detoxification is the process and pathway in which your body removes toxins. There are two key detox pathways that your hard-working liver is organized around: phase 1 and phase 2.
Phase 1 is oxidation, whereby your liver utilizes oxygen and enzymes to remove toxins by making them soluble in water, so they can be excreted in your urine and poop more easily. Phase 1 is essential to detox. Phase 2 is called conjugation, which is necessary to remove the metabolites. Conjugation is how your liver combines oxidized metabolites with sulfur, methylation, glucuronidation, by adding certain amino acids or organic acids, and ultimately excretes them in bile.
Most environmental toxins overactivate in phase 1, and then exceed the capacity of your liver to complete the detoxification in phase 2. When that happens, you generate signs of toxicity.
Here are 6 signs of Toxicity.
1. Fluid Retention– Fluid retention is your body’s signal that it is working to flush itself out as there are factors disrupting your pathway to detoxification.
2. Increase in belly fat– Your body is unable to move and distribute the toxins being caught in your visceral fat.
3. Cravings and blood sugar issues– This related to your body being able to distribute and absorb nutrients and vitamins. Toxicity interferes with your body’s ability to absorb necessary vitamins and nutrients as they become caught in the toxicity.
4. Abdominal bloating– Bloating is a common issue with retaining water. Intestinal distress and inability to release excess fluid and excretion is a sure sign of toxicity.
5. Weight loss resistance– Unable to loss weight is a common problem for those with toxicity issues. Toxicity interrupts the flow and process for detoxification and purifying the body. This metabolic function is essential for weight loss. No amount of exercise and clean eating will in itself help with weight loss resistance caused by toxicity.
6. Insomnia, especially between 1am- 4pm– Your body is at it’s greatest REM- rest sleep during this time. When your body is awake at this time it is a sign it needs more help and support to reduce the toxic load it is carrying for improved rest and recovery.
To unburden your liver here is what you need to do:
1. Eat more antioxidants such as berries, citrus and spinach.
3. Metagenics Clear Change Detox Antioxidant protection & detoxification support- promotes vitality and health by supporting balanced activity of the Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification pathways. This formula provides methylated vitamin B12 and folic acid along with nutrients designed to enhance the activities of several liver detoxification enzymes.*
Intellectual Stimulation breaks you free of the glass ceiling you hit up against every time you’re looking for greater gains in health and well being.
Fitness, nutrition and lifestyle are not a one size fits all. It’s the end result you’re looking for, yet, following a program designed generically which says you’ll achieve these results if you do this will only get you so far.
It will take you to the results and then the path drops off.
The true nature of health and well being is building a foundation which honors your own identity, giving you strength and power.
What sets me apart from the rest as a Lifestyle Advisor is building from the ground up with you. With a plan, action steps, accountability, support, decision making, implementation, executing and follow through you build your health and well being. The results are a series of steps which are built through gaining confidence, inspiring choices of health, knowing what feels good to you, trusting your intuition, a schedule of positive habits and valuing your own growth. You earn your results by the way you embrace your health, well being body mind and spirit.
Having a goal, applying healthy habits can be overwhelming, time consuming and unknown. This is where I come in. You come in with the goal. I’ll set the plan for you, taking the guess work out of it and gives you a point of focus. The building is the unknown. You know the results you want, getting there, that’s TBD based on what works “for you” what fits into your lifestyle and how you can be present to yourself in the process. It feels good doing things you want to be doing. Let’s have more of that!
What I love about building a lifestyle of health for individuals like you is what you discover about yourself. Your happiness, your joy, your excitement and your sense of self confidence.
This is where health and well being begins. In the journey to build your way, having complete control over your health and well being. Of course that’s what wealth is. The ability to have the resources to do what you want, when you want and enjoy the process. It brings Freedom, Choices, Stress-Free, Confidence and Personal Power.
Being able to understand the role and essence of well being in your life asks that you take a moment to assess where you’re at. How do you feel? I’m talking about how do you feel physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Now, Spiritually doesn’t relate …